Fitness and Training
Fitness training has always been a huge part of my life. Being a former professional rugby player I’ve always been exposed to various forms of fitness training such as; weight training, high intensity interval training (HIIT), endurance training, aerobics, pilates, functional training and flexibility training.
Each of the above forms of training offers something unique which your body can benefit from. I believe it’s important to find the form of training best suited to you, your lifestyle and the physique you desire.
Having to wear formal, casual and sports clothing for modeling jobs it’s important for me to have the appropriate measurements to fit into sample sized clothing that clients use for photo shoots.
The types of training which I found to best suit my needs is to combine all the above mentioned. By doing this my muscles are continuously having to adapt and it also prevents my workouts from becoming monotonous.
A typical week of training:
- Monday: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) leg workout.
- Tuesday: Power boxing class.
- Wednesday: HIIT chest & core functional workout.
- Thursday: Long distance run.
- Friday: HIIT bicep & calves functional workout.
- Saturday: Spinning/ Pilates.
- Sunday: Off day.
- Warm up with 30 minutes of cardio i.e. treadmill, stair-master, elliptical machine.
- 10 minute total body stretch after each workout.
- Quality over quantity with each exercise.
- 15 to 20 repetitions with each exercise on a manageable weight.
- Keep leisure activities active i.e. hiking, going to the beach, mountain climbing, etc.
- To look leaner spend some time in the sun.